Group Home Quote
Group Home Operators must provide twenty four hour care to their clients. They usually dispense prescribed medications, supervise their residents, transport residents to work or appointments, oversee their care and well being, while adhering to the resident's Plan of Care. Residents may have physical disabilities, cognitive disabilities, behavioral challenges that can be complex and challenging.
How can Brookfield/Badger Insurance help?
First of all, as the person responsible for protecting your group home(s) you should identify the exposures you face and match the coverage to those exposures. What sort of professional staff do you employ, or pay as a subcontractor? Are these LPN's, RN's, Personal Care Workers, or do you have any higher level medical staff such as MD's or Psychologists? You should know how your professional liability coverage forms deals with employees vs. contracted help and the type of professional you have on staff. Most forms will cover an Outside Medical Director? Do you need this coverage?
Physical/Sexual Abuse coverage is important since it can be hard to monitor interactions between clients and staff 24/7. Some carriers do not like to offer full limits for Physical/Sexual Abuse coverage. Make sure you have the safeguards in place so that you can get the highest limits available to you. We can help.
Auto fleets that haul clients can be difficult to insure. Much has been written about the dangers of 15 passenger vans and the gradual shift to more stable vehicles. I think we have all heard stories of kids being left behind in buses - especially in summer months. Fleet safety is very important. We can help with this as well.
Here is a Checklist of Coverages You Should Consider:
- Property coverage for buildings, furniture, fixtures, signs and loss of income
- General Liability to protect your premises
- Professional Liability to cover your professional services
- Physical/Sexual Abuse coverage to protect your organization from this type of allegation
- Auto coverage for your fleet
- Employee Dishonesty/Money & Securities coverage to protect your property from employee theft
- Workers Compensation is required if you have employees.
- Umbrella policies provide excess liability coverage above your underlying policies
- Cyber Liability is often required by local funding sources
- Employment Practices liability protects against suits brought by employees for wrongful termination, discrimination, and harassment in the workplace
The good news is that we have several options we can show you. We can find the best fit for your operation!